140g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
225g self raising flour
85g custard powder
85g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
50g stem ginger, chopped
- Heat oven to 160C Fan
- Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Put the butter and sugar in a food processor and blend on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence, and mix well.
- Sift together the flour and custard powder, then pour into the bowl and pulse to mix into a dough. Don't be alarmed as the mixture turns slightly orange!
- Take the mixture out of the food processor and blend in the chopped chocolate and ginger by hand.
- Roll the dough into balls a little smaller than a walnut, then place on the baking sheets. Top Tip: Put some flour on your hands to stop the balls sticking.
- Don't place them too close together to allow for spreading. Press each ball down with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.