4oz/125g Hard margarine (at room temperature)
4oz/125g Brown sugar
8oz/250g Self raising flour
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tspn mixed spice
2 Medium chopped bananas
6oz/175g Milk chocolate chopped into large chunks
- Butter a 2 lb loaf tin and line with a strip of grease proof.
- Place all the ingredients except for the chocolate into a mixer and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake at 350 F/160 C Fan/Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour.
- Then reduce the heat to 325 F/150 Fan/Gas Mark 3 for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.