Ingredients - to fit 2 pt Pudding Bowl
2 lbs of mixed fruits including the following: (use more strawberries and raspberries)
If fresh fruits are not available then use mixed berries from the freezer section!
One large sliced white loaf (if possible use a loaf that is not mass produced and purchase it two days before you require it)
3-4 tbsp sugar (depends on your taste)
- Prepare the fruits, remove strawberry hulls, currant stalks, etc. Cut large strawberries in half and place in a large saucepan with the sugar.
- Place over a very low heat and allow the sugar to dissolve stirring very occasionally until the juices run.
- Remove from the heat and place to one side.
- Cut the crusts from the bread. Then trim the slices to line the bowl.
- Drain some of the juice from the fruits and dip each piece of pre-cut bread into this before lining the bowl.
- When the jigsaw is complete spoon the fruits into the bread lined bowl and cover with more cut and dipped bread. See pictures.
- If any juices are left after dipping the bread then pour these over the finished pudding.
- Lightly encase the whole bowl in cling film. Place a saucer on top and weigh down with a heavy object e.g. a large tin of beans!
- Place in the fridge for several hours (preferably overnight)
- To serve: loosen the pudding using a knife and turn into a deep dish, serve with any leftover fruits, fresh cream or Greek yoghurt.
Enjoy what is left of the summer!