Thursday 23 December 2010

Bean Machine with Coffee - Dark and White Chocolate

Coffee with chocolate...bottom lip is quivering a bit at the very thought. Yikes! This bar has been sitting at the bottom of my chocolate tasting bag for a few weeks now. Mainly because I'm not a fan of coffee and chocolate. Coffee and Chocolate cake yes, chocolate on top of my cappuccino yes, but not on my chocolate bars. I don't know what happens when chocolate makers put coffee beans and chocolate together. I did have a go at making it myself using just white chocolate but the coffee beans were so bitter it made my toes curl. It just doesn't work for me. Well now we've got off to such a good start let us see how Montezuma have done with their innovative "Bean Machine".


The Packaging: Imagination and creativity go hand in hand when one thinks about Montezuma. For me their marketing philosophy is very simple, effective and the message is not lost with over clever advertising.




The Chocolate: Combining dark and white chocolate from the Dominican Republic this bar has an interesting marbled look about it and you'd be forgiven for thinking that you were about to eat a milk chocolate bar. A dark chocolate with a 60% cocoa content has been mixed with white chocolate and coffee to produce this effect. The aroma of coffee is subtle and I can't seem to get milk chocolate out of my head. As the first chunks of chocolate melt on your tongue there are numerous flavours coming through. Firstly the cocoa from the dark chocolate then the sweetness of the white chocolate and mixed in with this are instant coffee granules which crunch ever so slightly releasing their flavour. It reminds me of a strong milky coffee with chocolate which I suppose can best be described as a Mocha. You know the just like the ones served in tall glasses but in a bar of chocolate.


BEAN MACHINE!
I've now eaten half the bar so I must like it. I don't think I could eat it all the time but it makes a change from those coffee nib covered chocolate bars which are so astringent. Overall I give this bar 8/10 for the clever use of dark and white chocolate which works really well. I'm going to be up all night now!


Priced at £7.17 for 3 bars (100g Each) plus postage and packing is good value.


If you like the sound of this bar click here.













No comments:

Post a Comment