Saturday 4 December 2010

Milk Chocolate Minted with Crunchy Peppermint

Once again we've had zero time to do any blogging as chocolate bar production has been the main focus of my attention for the past week! I made several hundred bars this week only for the snow to fall and the function to be cancelled. Fortunately it was only postponed which in the end turned out to be a bit of a god send. Have also made a decision to put the online website back up in the New Year...chocolate truffles will be making a come back! One thing I'm pleased about this week is that I do not live in Three Bridges! Those poor people who were stuck on that train all night! At least they had some heat. For those of you living outside the UK we had some snow and everything stopped. Simple!


MINTED from Montezuma's. Peppermint with chocolate is not usually my cup of tea but I've tasted several bars now with mint and I'm strangely looking forward to tasting this bar...perhaps I'll even whip out the After Eights this evening. Now I'm really getting old.


The Packaging: I really like Montezuma's new range of bright packaging and this shade of green is fantastic! I know it's a bit sad getting excited by packaging but its good. It also makes me feel slightly festive. They do this part very well and full marks to them. I also like the fact that they proudly state that it has been made in the UK.


Minted from Montezuma's
The Chocolate: Usually you expect Peppermint to be combined with dark chocolate so it will be interesting to see how the milk chocolate blends in with the mint. This particular milk chocolate is from Venezuela and is fairly strong with a 43% cocoa content. There is no getting away from that After Eight aroma as you open the packaging. The bar itself is peppered with a few tiny holes which is my pet hate. The peppermint has been broken up into very small  pieces and there is a good crunch. The peppermint is not overpowering and blends in well with the chocolate. I like this bar of chocolate but I prefer mint with dark chocolate and therefore less sugar. There is a slight aftertaste but it is not off putting.






Overall I give this bar 6/10 for subtle flavour of the peppermint. As always the price is great value especially for a 100g bar. Montezuma's are selling 3 bars for £7.17 plus p&p. If you know somebody who likes peppermint in their chocolate then I'd have no hesitation in recommending this bar.


If you'd like to buy this bar visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment