OCTOBER IS CHOCTOBER
TOP LONDON CHOCOLATE WEEK EVENTS
Chocolate Week, the nations favourite themed week, celebrating real chocolate takes place from 11th-17th October and involves events all over the UK.
· Chocolate Unwrapped, Chocolate Unwrapped; stands from top chocolate companies, talks from authors and chocolatiers, chocolate experiences and a stunning exhibition of chocolate art. 16th & 17th October at Vinopolis, Borough, London. www.chocolate-unwrapped.co.uk
· Claridges - William Curley will be setting up shop at Claridges and creating his signature chocolate mousses and pastries for the hotels famous afternoon tea
· Test your chocolate knowledge with our chocolate week quiz. Renowned food writer and author of’ How to be a Better Foodie’, Sudi Pigott, has come up with this delectable, fun and tongue-in-cheek quiz - give your innate chocolate knowledge a gentle work-out and exercise your tasting skills to identify some mystery chocolate centres through this one off event. Tuesday 12th October £30 including 3 course dinner. Northbank Restaurant, One Pauls Walk, London, EC4V 3QH Tel: 020 7329 9299 or e: email@example.com to book
· A week of events at Selfridges including a La Maison du Chocolat pop-up chocolate shop and a tasting and book signing from chocolate maker Willie Harcourt-Cooze.
· Brown’s Hotel chocolate pedicures, guests can sip either a chocolate martini, or a hot chocolate whilst enjoying this pedicure which starts with a gentle foot massage using warm chocolate sauce and is followed by an invigorating exfoliation using brown sugar and chocolate. . This 90 minute pedicure costs £85. For spa reservations please call 0207 518 4009. Brown’s Hotel, Albemarle Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 4BP The hotel is also offering chocolate afternoon teas, chocolate cocktails and sweet suite treats.
· Hotel Chocolat launch a series of Tasting Adventures – comparative chocolate tastings aimed at encouraging chocolate lovers to take the next step in their chocolate appreciation. Taking place at their Rabot Estate store, Borough on 11th, 13th and 16th October and their High Street Kensington store on 14th October. www.hotelchocolat.co.uk
· Thorntons – free continental chocolate for everyone visiting a Thorntons store during the week. www.thorntons.co.uk
· Have you cried laughing watching Lucy (from the classic I Love Lucy) trying to pack chocolates as fast as possible at the end of a belt? Well Artisan du Chocolat have, so are inviting 6 pairs to experience a fun competition doing just that. 13th October at their Kent atelier. http://chocolate-week.co.uk/index.php/event/lucy_and_the_chocolate_factory_fun_event/340/
· Divine chocolate recipes from top chefs such as Tom Aiken, Richard Bertinet and Lilly Vanilli. www.divinechocolate.com
· Charbonnel et Walker host a chocolate and fragrance evening, English chocolates, truffles and fragrances are paired to create a unique sensory experience. Wednesday 13th October at Charbonnel et Walker in Mayfair. http://chocolate-week.co.uk/index.php/event/charbonnel_et_walker_and_miller_harris_chocolates_fragrance_evening_-_/384/
· Chocolate Week and Cocktail Week to meet in this chocolate and cocktail evening hosted by Chocolate Ecstasy Tours. Drink cocktails, see a cocktail making demonstration, taste a selection of tempting chocolate truffles from the UK’s fantastic chocolatiers, expand your chocolate knowledge and leave with a Chocolate Ecstasy goody bag. There will also be live music and savoury tapas. 14th October £45 per person e: firstname.lastname@example.org to book
· Chocolate dinner on the Banks of the Tay with The Highland Chocolatier. 15th October including Roast Venison, 100% Chocolate Sauce, Pierre Kauffmann Cabbage & Roasted Potatoes. http://chocolate-week.co.uk/index.php/event/the-night-of-the-golden-ticket/534
More details on the above events and the hundreds of other events taking place around the country at www.chocolate-week.co.uk/events
Contact email@example.com mbl: 07801 442733 for more information on
Chocolate Week or for an informed spokesperson to talk about chocolate
and the UK chocolate industry.