Before trying Milk of the Gods from Willie's Cacao why not make some Food of the Gods! A quick and easy brunch recipe....
Portebello Mushrooms and Poached Eggs on Toast
3 Large Portebello Mushrooms
6 tbsp olive oil
1 knob of butter
Several Sprigs of Thyme
Salt and Pepper
3 Whole Eggs
3 Slices of toast (I used Granary)
- Line your grill pan with foil.
- Prepare the mushrooms wiping them gently with a piece of damp kitchen roll.
- Rub the olive oil over all surfaces of the mushrooms.
- Season each mushroom well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Grill on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until the juices start to flow. Use the butter to stop them drying out.
- Meanwhile prepare the poached eggs. To a pan containing an inch and a half of boiling water add a splash of vinegar and 1/4 tspn of salt.
- Break the eggs gently into a shallow bowl. Just before adding the eggs to the pan stir the boiling water vigoursly to create a whirlpool effect - this will help to keep the whites surrounding the yolks.
- Bring the water back to the boil and turn to simmer very gently and cook for 4-5 minutes to your own personal taste.
|Rio Caribe 44|