Sunday 1 April 2012

Oooh! Chocolate Blueberry Brownie

http://chocchick.blogspot.co.uk/
Not having a computer is akin to losing my hairdrier!  Girls, I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about and empathise with my predicament.  For the past two weeks I've managed to fudge my way through without a Desktop. Fortunately, the clever people who produced the Cloud have helped to maintain my sanity!  Good news, the computer is finally in for repair so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Feeling in need of something delicious and moreish I thought I'd have a go at a BBC Good Food recipe, produced by Sarah Cook. I've substituted raspberries with blueberries as my local store was out of stock. A word of warning, this recipe is not remotely slimming and I'm sure it will only be good for my soul rather than my waistline.  Arteries beware - brownie on the way!

Method:

  1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 20 x 30CM baking tray with baking parchment. Put the chocolate, butter and sugar into a pan and gently melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Do not over stir as the sugar will crystalise. Remove from the heat.
  2. You can either stir the eggs in one by one or take my advice and beat four whole eggs in a bowl and add then add a 1/4 of the mixture at a time to the melted chocolate, folding the eggs in on each occasion. This will stop the egg whites cooking faster than the yolks and ending up with a chocolate omelette!
  3. Sieve over the flour and cocoa, and stir in. Stir in half the blueberries, scrape into the tray, then scatter over the remaining blueberies.
  4. Bake on the middle shelf for 30 minutes, 35 minutes for a firmer texture. However, I used a 23CM square tin and had to cook it for 50 minutes.
  5. Cool before slicing if you have the will power!
    http://chocchick.blogspot.co.uk/

Ingredients:


200g dark chocolate, broken into small chunks. I used a dark chocolate from Peru, 64% cocoa.
100g milk chocolate, broken into chunks. I used a milk chocolate from Venezuela, 43% cocoa.
250g pack of salted butter
400g soft light brown sugar
4 large eggs
140g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
200g blueberries

Preperation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes (based on my tray size)
Easy: but don't over stir the chocolate, butter and sugar!

Overall a great receipe...delicious soft centre and plump, unctious blueberries. Weightwatchers wouldn't approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment