150g Plain flour
1 tsp of Bicarbonate of soda
150g of Butter
120g of Soft brown sugar
1 Egg beaten
150g Dried apricots, chopped
150g Thick cut dark marmalade (I used my mother's homemade marmalade)
Keep a few apricots and some marmalade to place in bottom of bowl.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate together. I add a pinch of salt but this is up to you.
- Cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy
- Add the beaten egg, milk, flour and apricots separately to the butter mixture. Beat vigorously and then finally stir in the marmalade.
- Grease a 2 pint (1.1 Litre) pudding basin and place a few apricots and a dessert spoonful of marmalade in the bottom. To prevent the pudding sticking cut a small circle of greaseproof and place in bottom of bowl before adding apricots and marmalade.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding basin and cover securely.
- Steam for 1½ - 2 hours.
- Turn out and serve with custard or cream.